Monday 23 July 2012

Zippered toiletry bag (Mens)


So men are hard to buy for and even tougher to make for.
We have a lot of men in our family -  2 sons, 2 dads, 2 nephews, 7 brothers. 
Sons and nephews get the prize for being the easiest of the male variety to come up with ideas for, brothers come in last. 

I found this ticking style oilcloth on our hols - it was my spending money treat and using the tutorial from Prudent baby  I made this.


It was my first time sewing with oilcloth and though it's not perfect I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out especially as I couldn't find my zipper foot and proceeded ahead away. I found these hints from moogsmum really useful especially the hint about putting masking tape under the presser foot.

 

Lined it with some more ticking - bargain from Stephan's. 




Yep the writing on the back is upside down (design statement ?!)

Anyway, Nathan said it passes the 'manly enough' test and so brothers look away at some point over the next year one will probably be coming your way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment