Friday 8 March 2013

The blessing of Seth


On Sunday, we had Seth's blessing. I woke up with a full heart. Grateful to my Heavenly Father for our beautiful baby boy. Dressed in the same outfit as Joseph had worn for his blessing, he looked so handsome and as normal he was smiley and content. Joseph and Ben, the handsome older brothers, looked great in their Sunday best and they even posed for some pre-church brotherly photos.


By the time Sacrament meeting had even begun, I was already overcome with emotion. I felt so blessed to be there, able to have our baby blessed by the priesthood, with all our immediate family, some extended, some friends  and our ward with us. The opening hymn was; 'Because I have been given much.' It's one of my favourites. We had at our wedding so it felt special that Dorothy had chosen it for the day's service. The sight of our Dads and brothers forming a circle with Nathan to bless Seth was one of the occasions in my life where the word 'awesome' was totally appropriate, a real spiritual moment to remember. 

The blessing was wonderful and like with Joseph and Ben, I have taken notes so that they can look at them when they are older. I have often thought that the words are lovely and it would be nice to know what was said in the blessing given to me when I was a baby. It's also lovely that it was my Dad that gave me the blessing, like Nathan was able to do for our boys. However, the most important thing is that our boys have been blessed, blessed by the power of the priesthood. 


After church there was time for eating ( the ham and pork sandwiches went down well) and chatting.

It was great to spend time with Richard and Ashley who came over from N. Ireland. Grandma and Grandad did really well with all the travelling they'd done, especially as just the day before we'd had a family gathering to celebrate there 80th and 85th birthdays.

Someone put on their blog the following statement which I am going to copy as it sums up a feeling reinforced by this wonderful weekend -

Family isn't important, it's everything.

I have a testimony that Heavenly father lives, that he loves us. To him we are known.  I believe he sent His son, Jesus Christ to atone for our sins so that if we repent we can be forgiven. I believe families are meant to be forever and can be forever through the blessings of the temple and us trying our very best.




No comments:

Post a Comment