Saturday 10 November 2012

From the mouth of babes

Sometimes Ben says things which I know he's picked up from being around me.
When I hear him say 'Ah, that's kind' or 'Excuse me please' I give myself a pat on the back.
On the other hand when he does something he's annoyed about and exclaims' Oh my gosh' I tend to inwardly cringe and have actually burst into tears, nominating oneself for worst mother of the year. (I suppose it's one way to pick up on bad habits I've developed.)


The boys are notoriously bad at waking up on the middle of the night and coming into our bed. Joseph will not come up alone and leave Ben behind, Ben will leave Joseph - sometimes we get the two of them and a box of duplo brought up for good measure (why ????) We as parents are notoriously bad for letting them get away with this bad habit. As the bump is growing the four in a bed situation gradually gets more cramped and more often than not leave the three of them and go into the bottom bunk. When the boys wake up they then come and find me there leaving Nathan in the double all by himself. 
Currently most early morning conversations with Joseph revolve around the subject of Christmas 'Is it Christmas tomorrow?' 'Is it nearly Christmas' 'When is it nearly Christmas?' This morning when he found me in his bed. He went through an explantion behind his bed swapping behaviour.
'When I went to bed it was not comfortable so I came in your bed and it was so comfortable.... then it became uncomfortable and I came in my bed (where I was) and it was soooooooo comfortable....is it nearly Christmas?'

On Saturday morning, Joseph has started to go to a football club at Barlby. He seems to really enjoy it and the coaches do a great job - patience of saints let me tell you :)
I asked Joseph before he went what he should remember about how to behave at football club. His responses -

Don't pull my pants down
Don't put my hands down my pants
Listen to the coaches
Do what they say.

I think that pretty much covers it. The pant pulling down incident happened on the week I took him - of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment