Tuesday 9 April 2013

Oliver & S Red Riding Hood Cape

This has to be up there as one of my favourite sewing projects to date.
 The Oliver & S red riding hood cape.


The pattern is found in Oliver & S Little things to sew book. I love this book. Having made the bear hat, the doll carrier and now the cape I can say that the patterns are well designed and the instructions easy to follow.


Having seen a glimspe of one Rhiannon has made Izzy for her birthday I was inspired to make one for cousin Isabelle. She turned three this week and with her cherubic face she most certainly pulled off the 'Red Riding Hood look' when she did a little fashion show for us at Granne and Grandad's. 


Putting a button the inside, makes the cape fully reversible and I thought this blue spotty fabric would look great during summer.
Looks like I will be using this pattern again to make one for Emily too, as she put an order in for her 6th birthday in october! 

No comments:

Post a Comment