Wednesday 28 December 2011

Christmas making


Lorraine Pascale's Brown Sugar, Marshmallow, Chocolate Fudge (recipe here) in Christmas cookie cutter  (idea from pintrest here) - teacher gifts


Jamie Oliver's Epic Hot Chocolate mix  (recipe here) with chocolate fudge 




A bought magnetic noticeboard and made button magnets to match the decor of her bedroom, for Alice. 



Dotty infinity scarf (tutorial found here)- also for  Aunty Alice


Had to bribe Joseph to model the doll/bear carrier I made for Emily as you can see he was thrilled :)I used the pattern from the  amazing Oliver & S book.




My favourite make of the year were these cute bear hats also from the Oliver & S book. I made 4. One for Isabelle in a cream fleece with floral lining. A brown one for Jack made from one of Nathan's old jumpers lined with fabric from a stripey top and two from a £4 wool jumper which I felted and have enough fabric left to make two sets of mittens and a pair of wrist warmers for me.



So far, I have only managed to get Ben to wear it when he was asleep .




Christmas tree decorations made from grandkid's hand prints in salt dough - I think they ended up looking a little like doves too.



A happy hedgehog softee using the pattern from See Kate Sew  (found here )for Charlie. (Fabric from a thrifted £1 shirt :)) I added two little bells inside from Grandma Josie.



I also made 2 sets of the 12 days of Christmas garland I do each year for our parents (one photo to open each day of the grandchildren leading up to christmas, which I then make into a calender for the year ahead) and three photo calenders for the great grandparents.

And I still have Sarah's Christmas garland to finish and a belated birthday bag for Gemma - glad I have understanding sister in laws!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the little bear carrier! My mom made me a doll backpack carrier when I was a kid and it was so fun. Yours is really adorable.

    ReplyDelete