Friday 20 April 2012

Nautical Shirt Pillows





Whipped up these cute (if I do say so myself) pillows for the boys rooms.

I used two shirts; one costing £1 and the other from a 50p bundle of things I got from a jumble sale last week :)




I used the idea of making pillows from  old shirts from Releve Design found here  and the ship motif from the Sew fabulous Fabric book found here  ( I have also used this book as inspiration for the four peg pags I've made found here  here and here)



I'm really pleased with how they turned out and they were really simple to do too. 
Simple and satisfying just the sort of making I like :)

7 comments:

  1. So clever to use the buttons for the opening! I'm totally stealing this idea for Ethan's room! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I love what you did, love the boat designs too, so cute! I've made shirt and cardigan pillows too, they are so fun to make! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute! I love that you kept the buttons for the opening. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeee! how cute is that!?
    I'm commenting per the weekend hop, http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/04/weekend-wrap-up-party-100-gift-basket-from-mindy-maes-market.html#comment-175761

    come visit me at http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word!!!! These are AMAZING! I totally wish that I had these!

    ReplyDelete