Tuesday 27 January 2015

Daddy my Daddy!


This is why I blog. These moments I never want to forget. Back in December, Seth and I went to collect Nathan from the train station at the end of his journey home from Atlanta. The train was delayed, we'd walked up and down the platforms a few times. I had him in my arms as the train pulled in. The passengers dismounted and as it is so oft in the films; Nathan was on the furthest carriage away; last person to get off. As he saw Nathan get off the train, he squirmed to be released from my arms and ran as fast as his little legs would carry him, arms outstretched : 'Daddy, Daddy!' I teared up! It was like that famous beautiful scene from The Railway Children! Except our Daddy had only been gone for 11 days to a work convention and not a war but to us 11 days too long.


#lifeisgood #criedlikeidoatfilms

No comments:

Post a Comment