Thursday 9 May 2013

Why I blog #14

So I've been feeling like I need to write about this for a while. I keep this blog for us a family. I wanted to record the small things which over time would otherwise be forgotten. I want to be able to look back and read ; the funny quotes you all came out with; the moments of craziness; the firsts; the lasts; the adventures and the normal. I also want to have it as a record of our physical but also spiritual growth. So many times in church lessons we are asked to reflect and recall times when certain aspects of gospel living have touched and blessed out lives. Often I sit there and think and think and I know that I have had such experiences but I just can't bring them to my memory at the time. So I need to record them, write them down and so when you ask when I've had an experience I can at least look to this to bring back the memories which have built and edified my testimony. 

Over the past months, well since the beginning of 2013 we have been abundantly blessed as a result if tithing. Our testimonies have been strengthened that Heavenly Father does indeed hear our prayers and he does answer them in His time. We have to have faith in His time. We have been praying for the help necessary to get our finances straight for many, many months if not years. With the nature of our jobs it has not nor is it easy to make plans.  Last year was particularly tough especially for Nathan at work. In October we sat down with heavy hearts and questioned why things weren't happening for us the way we needed them to. We both acknowledged that we needed to be stricter personally with our money and set out a strict plan as to how we would claw out way up to stability. The plan would take about 24 months it was going to be tough but worth it. Two months in and we had an accident with the car, the dryer broke and we needed oil. It kind of felt that we'd taken one step forward and three back. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that angels we sent to help us. We don't go publically proclaiming our trials but Heavenly Father knows them and though other people we felt His loving care. Since the beginning of the year or as Nathan points out since Seth has been born financially the windows of Heaven have been opened. Nathan has seen work improve dramatically. We received a very unexpected payout from some mis-selling from the bank that we couldn't even remember having. Through these factors we have been able to make great head way with our plan cutting it down from a 24 month to what we now hope to be only 10 month plan, of which we have only 4 months more to go. I believe Heavenly Father has a plan for our family. His ways are higher than our ways. His time scale is different to ours but His time scale is right. We have grown, we have made mistakes with our planning in the past. We have now adopted habits to help us plan miuch better. I believe tithing is a blessing. I believe when we desire to do what is right Heavenly Father will help us in the way which is best for us. Sometimes that means we have to stay in the slow lane as we have things to learn. Then sometimes it means the fast lane is opened up to us and what seemed like an up hill struggle is over with the blink of an eye.  


36 Yea, and acry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thybdoings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy cthoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
 37 aCounsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

  Alma 37 : 36-37


1 comment:

  1. perfect post. so glad things are working out for you. i actually really needed to hear what you said right then. you put it all perfectly into perspective. thanks for writing it down.

    ReplyDelete