Wednesday 26 December 2012

Thankful

The Book of Mormon is full of examples I can relate too. Numerous times where God's people were slow to remember how they had recieved blessings from his hand.

 Yea, how quick to be lifted up in apride; yea, how quick tobboast, and do all manner of that which is iniquity; and how slow are they to remember the Lord their God, and to give ear unto his counsels, yea, how slow to cwalk in wisdom’s paths!
In recent weeks we've had a few setbacks namely a momentary lapse of sense which led to one car door being totally crumpled and in need of replacement, days later the dryer decided to give up the ghost. These mishaps alongside the normal business of life, Nathan having another slow month at work, lots of church work, getting ready for Christmas and our imminent arrival of our new baby - I have to confess there have been times I've murmured and even inwardly  exclaimed 'where are the open windows of heaven?' I know - embarrassing when my trials are so insignificant to those faced by others. Which is why I feel I need to write this down so that I am not slow to remember that the windows of heaven have been very much open and we have been blessed so much in these past few weeks.
We've had friends randomly ring up and say they've made us tea and would like to bring it round, friends lend us their car whilst ours was getting fixed; friends who will watch the boys so I can do a quick shop, friends who offer to go and collect the new dryer, home teachers turn up unannounced just at the right time to help Nathan install the dryer, Friends invite us round for dinner, envelopes through the door, family at the end of the phone ready to help. Yes the windows of Heaven have been very much open, I know our prayers have been heard, promptings have been followed and I feel very much blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment