Wednesday 23 February 2011

Ben




Ben/Bendi/Benjamin/The Bendamin - you are our 21 month old angel/baby/boy.
You are totally scrumptious and I love the way you allow me to show you how scrummy you are through marathon runs of kisses and tight squeezes. I'm pretty sure that you have already caught up with Joseph in the number of kisses I've given you, as with Joseph it's a 'kiss me quick moment' and he'll let me give him 3 max, whereas with you, well you'd sit there all afternoon letting me kiss your head! - I love it!!

You love cars and making car noises. You love Woody and Buzz - and attentively put Woody's hat on straight and press the buttons on Buzz - you talk away to them. You absolutely adore Beau ( Be bo) and whenever we go to Grandma and Grandad's house you jump out of our arms to go find him. Whenever the kitchen door is opened, you try to dash in to see him. If he's in his pen - you feed him biscuits or any other item of food you find on the floor to him - it's very sweet. You are also very loving to babies - especially cousin Isabelle - you crouch down to talk to her, stroke her face very gently and give her kisses x 

The words you are saying at the moment are - car, goal, down, all gone, there, what's that?, milk, ball, Joseph, Mummy, Daddy and 'No' which you say with great meaning and a big shake of your head.

You like to point your finger and tell Daddy off! 

You are brilliant at getting messy and love to eat with your hand. Though I feel there maybe a change in the air as this morning, when I gave you a yoghurt you went and got your own spoon. Yesterday when Aunty Caroline was here we got ready to go to the library, I set you off walking to the car and you went straight to all 3 of the massive (almost permanent) puddles in our drive and went splashing - even Joseph looked on in disbelief at the mess you were making of yourself and that's something coming from him!


Currently you pull a funny face by pursing your lips and touching your nose. ( I'll try and get a photo)

You are still a little monkey at night time and will wake up any time between 10pm and 2am and cry until we give in ( doesn't take much!) and bring you into our bed - you think it's where you belong. You instantly fall asleep and then in the morning are lying there, faced down, desparately trying to resist being woken up as though your were 16 years of age!

Ben you are a delight and I'm so glad to be your mummy, when I come to collect you from nursery or creche, I love that moment when you see me for the first time, your face breaks into the biggest smile, you squeal and race towards me with open arms and then give me a tight hug. It does wonders for my ego and for as long as it lasts I will lap it up all I can.

Love you forever

Mummy x









No comments:

Post a Comment